The Medicaid Eligibility Specialist will work with our on-site hospital rep to complete screenings of uninsured patients for potential program eligibility for Medicaid and other available funding sources. This includes completion of SSI/SSDI applications. This individual will assist the patient in gathering additional documentation. The Eligibility Specialist will coordinate working with local Department of Human Services offices in an effort to determine program eligibility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-Conduct financial fact-finding interviews with patients who are seeking Medicaid benefits.
-Complete Medicaid and other applicable applications/releases.
-Monitor all applicants who are eligible for Medicaid or other financial assistance or coverage plans, as required.
-Enter clear and concise notes in the required patient accounting systems.
-Ensure all supporting documents, including applications and receipts, are obtained and filed timely.
-Successfully help coordinate and manage the portfolio of Medicaid applicants.
-Adhere to all relevant regulations related to our involvement with Federal, State and local government programs as well as Alltran and our clients compliance programs.
- Customer Service, Social Services or Hospital setting experience
- Computer proficiency
- Working knowledge and understanding of the Medicaid application process preferred but not required
- Experience working in a hospital environment preferred but not required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Dependable transportation to do field work (when required)
- College degree preferred; related experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Alltran does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation.
"As of September 30th, 2019, Alltran Health, Inc. and Alltran Health Services, Inc. are now part of Meduit."